This competition is now closed. Thank you to all who took part. Check out the winners below!
Give new life to an old book!
This is your chance to reinvent reading material, transforming it into something fabulous. We are asking you to come up with an original and creative use for an ex-book or printed paper. Use resources you have in your home: you can rebind, cut, fold, collage or even saw it in half, there are no rules, just let your imagination run wild!
We are holding an online art competition for LibrariesWest members to create a piece of art from an ex-book or other reading material based on the term “Revitalised” and exploring what that means.
There will be one winner from each category and they will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend at Minerva Art Supplies, Bath. There will also be one runner-up from each category who will receive a £10 gift voucher.
The competition closes on the 21st of February and the winners will be announced on the 11th March, 2021.
How To Enter
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below and enter by sending a picture of your creation via one of the below methods:
Send your picture to Library_Events@bathnes.gov.uk, using the subject line Revitalised. Please include your name, library card number and the category (‘Adults’ for 16+ or ‘Kids’ for under 16s).
Post your pictures on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtags: #RevitalisedBooksAdults or #RevitalisedBooksKids depending on the category (‘Adults’ for 16+ and ‘Kids’ for under 16s). We will contact you to confirm your name and library card number if yours is a winning entry.
Upload With Google
If you have a Google email address you can submit your entry via this form: https://forms.gle/vx3JWKL6L2z4bqcg6
Terms and Conditions
- There 2 categories: Adult (16+) and Children (under 16)
- Entries must include Entrant’s Name, Library Card Number and the Category. Entries which do not include this information will be disqualified.
- By entering this competition, entrants are granting permission for the Library to access their records on the Library Management System to confirm they are a member of LibrariesWest and to contact the winning entrants.
- Entries can only be submitted by photograph
- Entries must be submitted by email to Library_events@bathnes.gov.uk with the subject line ‘Revitalised’, or on Twitter, Facebook or Social Media using hashtags #RevitalisedBooksAdults or #RevitalisedBooksKids (depending on category).
- Entries must be received by 11.59pm on Sunday 21st February 2021. Any submissions received after this date will be disqualified.
- The competition is open to all members of the LibrariesWest Consortium.
- Entries must be the original, unaided work of the stated entrant.
- B&NES Library Service has the right to refuse any entries that are not suitable for family viewing.
- Only one entry per person.
- The judges will base their decision on the photograph submitted. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, entrants are deemed to have agreed that their names and their entries may be used in publicity material associated with the competition. An exhibition of any or all entries may be posted on the Library Blog [bathneslibraries.wordpress.com].