Learn how to make angels from pegs!
You will need:
– Wooden ‘dolly’ pegs
– Paint in ‘skin tones’
– Paint brushes
– Scrap paper (I’ve used old song sheets – paper bags are great too!)
– Help from a grown-up
- Draw three templates (to help make lots of similar angels) – a heart, a dress and wings! Cut them out and label them.
- Paint the top of the peg as a head and neck; leave to dry standing up!
- Draw on your angel’s face
- Choose some paper and draw around your three templates – cut out carefully!
- Fold the dress paper around the peg to make a cone and stick
- Fold the wings back and forward starting from the wider corner, like a zig zag, then fold the ends together and secure the bottom with a staple or glue (they should look like a ‘V’!)
- Stick your heart to the angel
- Put glue on the head and toes and dip in glitter
- To finish, tie ribbon or string to the back!
They will look great on a Christmas tree!